Melting glaciers, more droughts and wilder weather have increased public awareness that we are all equally responsible for climate change. But are we running out of time? Fortunately, there are a lot of positive developments to point to, including innovation at Essity. By launching the world’s first paper towel recycling service, Tork PaperCircle® (currently available in select EU countries but new markets opening up), the company is living up to its circularity commitment and continues to break barriers for societal well-being.
In Season 2 of its award-winning podcast series, Essential Talks, Essity explores how an environmental mindset is lurking behind every corner of the company. Whether the objective is smart and inclusive products, improving manufacturing techniques, or adopting alternative fibers, Essity is defining a new, more sustainable era when it comes to health and hygiene product circularity.
The podcast’s Season 2 first episode, Circularity: Zero Waste of Time, takes listeners on a journey through “after-use” of hygiene and health products thanks to the Tork PaperCircle cycle – from factory to restroom, restroom to bin and back to factory again.
Along the way, listeners will hear from those who are looking to keep such innovation and sustainability coming:
- Gerhard Heiberg - Winter Olympics Lillehammar 1994 where a first attempt of recycling paper towels started
- Katharina Paoli, Nudged - behavioral mapping in bringing around awareness to the masses
- Joe Murphy, Ellen MacArthur Foundation on the circular economy
- Per Stoltz, IKEA customer to implement TPC and how IKEA will become 100% circular
- Åsa Degerman – Essity Business Development Manager in-house sustainability expert
- Martin Van Tuijl, Essity Procurement Director about the process behind the solution
Essential Talks is an award-winning podcast series, which attracted more than 10,000 unique listeners in Season 1, which focused on breaking stigmas in different areas related to health and hygiene.
Tweet me: Closing the loop: What is a circular economy and how is it a step towards a more sustainable future? @Essity examines how @Tork PaperCircle® is changing the way we think about and act on sustainability. https://bit.ly/3bahntp #Essity #Circular Economy #Tork #TorkPaperCircle
KEYWORDS: Essity, tork, OTC:ESSYY