The Edmond de Rothschild Group’s third Sustainability report, for reporting year 2016, gives a complete overview of its performance and progress versus its 2020 Sustainability objectives, across its Private Banking, Asset Management and Private Equity activities.
At the heart of its strategy is its intention to support the shift to a sustainable, low carbon economy and to contribute directly to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Climate Accord. The report illustrates how 8 of its investment strategies contribute to 13 of the SDGs. The Group is committed to helping its institutional and private clients benefit from these and other investment opportunities emerging from a rapidly changing world, enabling them to fulfil their objectives and invest in a meaningful way.
Innovation for responsible investment: supporting the transition to a sustainable economy and a sustainable world, by using its expertise and its influence as an investor.
- Edmond de Rothschild Asset Management validated its 2017-2020 Responsible Investment Strategy
- Edmond de Rothschild Asset Management (France) published its second carbon footprint for 80% of its assets under management in the Equity category
- Private Bank entities of Edmond de Rothschild Group created a dedicated Responsible Investment mandate in order to give its private clients access to the Group’s expertise in this domain
- 15% of the assets under management of Edmond de Rothschild Asset Management (France) were managed according to responsible investment strategies (equivalent to last year)
- 93% of the assets under management of Edmond de Rothschild Private Equity were managed according to responsible investment strategies (+19%)
Ethical and responsible behaviour: establishing clear rules of the game to encourage exemplary behaviour and enable innovation while managing risk in a restrictive regulatory environment.
- A new training platform allows employees to have direct access straight to the training courses that must be followed according to their line of business and location
- 9,930 hours of training on business ethics & compliance subjects were delivered to 1,521 employees within the context of the Group’s Code of Ethics
- The Group continues to closely monitor Sustainability regulations, evaluating related risks and opportunities
Commitment to employees: creating a stimulating work environment for employees, and conditions that allow them to contribute to the company's performance.
- 97% of employees participated in the annual performance appraisal (+13% vs. 2014)
- 83% of employees took part in at least one training programme (+11% vs. 2014)
- 25% of members of the senior management team are women (+5% vs. 2014)
Management of its environmental impact: rolling out a coherent and relevant environmental strategy to gradually reduce its environmental footprint.
- 7.8 tonnes of CO2 equivalent per employee (equivalent to 2015)
- Launch of an “insetting” programme to compensate the Group’s emissions of scopes 1 & 2 of the Greenhouse Gas Protocol within the supply chain of its agroforestry investment strategy
- 67.8 kg of paper consumed per employee (-22% vs. 2014), and 89% of paper consumed recycled or certified FSC/PEFC (i.e. from sustainably managed forests) (+5% vs 2014)
Our commitment to a sustainable society: helping to build a sustainable economy and a sustainable world, in close collaboration with the Edmond de Rothschild Foundations.
- Deployment of a Responsible Purchasing Policy and charter in Edmond de Rothschild (France) (pilot project)
- 53 employees involved in philanthropic programmes related to diversity and entrepreneurship with positive social and/or environmental impact, in close collaboration with the Edmond de Rothschild Foundations*
- 31 individuals and 13 companies benefited from these programmes
The Group, which has been a member of the United Nations Global Compact since 2011, prepared the report in accordance with version G4 of the Global Reporting Initiative guidelines (GRI G4). Key performance indicators were verified by PricewaterhouseCoopers, a member of the PwC international network.
* The Edmond de Rothschild Foundations are a network of 10 private foundations under the leadership of Ariane and Benjamin de Rothschild. They are entirely separate and independent from the Edmond de Rothschild Group. In 2016, over 50 projects have been supported and developed by the Edmond de Rothschild Foundations. To find out more about these and other projects click here.
If you want further information or to provide feedback, please contact:
Global Head of Sustainability
18 Rue de Hesse
KEYWORDS: Research, Reports & Publications, Responsible Business & Employee Engagement, Edmond de Rothschild Group, ReportAlert, Sustainability Report, sustainable economy, carbon footprint, Innovation, philanthropy