SOURCE: Green Builder MediaDESCRIPTION:
October 6, 2016 /3BL Media/ - The editors at Green Builder Media launched Code Watcher to pull back the curtain on the building code process to help builders put up the best-performing, safest homes in the world. We spearhead the notion that home owners must be educated on the regulatory actions that profoundly impact the safety, durability, performance, and financial worth of their homes.
In this inaugural issue:
- The top 3 topics to be debated at the 2018 code hearings
- Quick primer on how to get the right R-value in ceilings using the prescriptive path
- An inside look at the solar versus high-performance trade-off
- The privatization of energy code enforcement
- PLUS more information, building projects, news, and trends ...
Read the column from publication founder, Code Warrior Ron, who says: “When people rail against building codes and regulation, it’s often a smokescreen for acceptance of the lowest common denominator."
KEYWORDS: Green Building, Energy, Green Builder Media, Code Watcher, building code, safe homes